Friday, November 5, 2010

The Ball Starts Rolling

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and had decided to CD from the start of my pregnancy, actually even befor I became aware that I was pregnant.

My fiances sister was the first one I discovered that CD'ed and I've looked (and am still looking) to her for hints, tips, and help. It wasn't until a month ago I found another local lady that CD'ed, and then another, and another, and today another. So, I'm up to knowing a total of 5 CD'ing moms in my small town. I'm not a member of MOPS, or any church group, or anything else, so there may be more out there. *climbs on roof top and looks around*  But I still feel adrift at sea, even with my fiances sister close at hand.

I joined a few facebook groups, including The Cloth Diaper Whisperer, Cotton Babies, Diaper Shops, and some others to reach out and make new friends, get hints and tips, stay up to date and all the good stuff. But *heavy sigh* I wish there were more like me and my fellow CD'ing moms out there and nearer to me.

I still get alot of hassle from people when I tell them I plan on CD'ing, even my own family! (That was until I showed them some Happy Heinys and Lil' Joeys) My mom was even relieved when I showed her tricks with the prefolds. I'm still not to sure on how Daddy is with them but I guess he'll just have to deal now won't he? (evil snicker)

I think part of it is that no one around here carries any CD. I took one of my HH into work with me the other day and people were shocked at how far CD have came. So I got to thinking, if I could show my progress with CD'ing and help iorn out all the myths and questions about CD'ing it'd be a better world for me and baby and maybe future babies to come!

I was even talking to one mom today about it. She said she CD her first two children, but from the sound of it she had pre-folds the whole time. But she was using disposables on her recent child. Luckily she was able to find some that had cotten in them and some that were unbleached, but it seemed she was considerding going back to CD.  I sent her home with some sites to check out that carried the whole variety of the CD'ing world.

I'm looking forward to CD'ing my kids and actually can't wait! Though I still feel lost, or more over whelemed with everything out there. Though I must say I'm having a blast looking through all the different brands, styles, prints and sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment